Among the blogs are several dealing with religion, politics, and related topics.
These bloggers are committed to fighting religious discrimination by informing the public of their right to practice their religion around the world.
- Religion News Blog: Religion News Blog is a great resource for finding quality information about religious rights and freedoms, cult issues and the presence of religion in politics.
- Religion Clause: Howard M. Friedman, Professor of Law Emeritus at the University of Toledo blogs about religious rights and how government interferes with religion in countries all over the world.
- FaithWorld: Reuters’ religion and ethics blog reports on all the news about religion, religious freedom, and religion and politics.
- Inspired Faith, Effective Action: This blog is associated with the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations and features posts about social justice, peace, environmental issues, racial justice, women’s rights and a lot more.
- Dalit Freedom Network: Blogs written on this site tackle arranged marriages, religious and cultural discrimination, religious conversions and other issues affecting this population in India.
- Military Religious Freedom: Though this blog is no longer active, it contains enlightening posts about discrimination, crusading Christians and other religious issues in the U.S. military.
- The Center Blog: The Center Blog comes from the Center for Law and Religious Freedom at The Advocacy Ministry of the Christian Legal Society. Read about court cases and dialogues involving Christian doctrine and culture.
- Apostasy and Islam: This blog follows the recent campaign of Muslims to “affirm the Freedom of Faith.” Read all about the campaign in this blog, which also connects readers to resources about Islam, religious freedom and Muslim culture.
- The Liberty Blog: The Liberty Blog is published by the North American Religious Liberty Association, and posts discuss the free exercise of religion, U.S. rulings and laws that affect religion, religion and health, and other related topics.
- Religion and Society: This blogger tries to understand how religion fits into contemporary culture and politics.
Constitutional Issues and Supreme Court
These analytical blogs will help you get summaries of Supreme Court rulings and dig deeper into the Constitution so that you can more effectively participate in the debate about civil liberties.
- Brad’s Weekly Constitution Blog: Brad writes to defend “the original intent of the Constitution.” Even if you don’t agree with his stance, you can browse categories like immigration, religion, the Second Amendment and the U.N. to get a better understanding of Constitutional issues.
- Wait a Second!: This blog reports back to its readers about “the civil rights opinions of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit,” including rulings on discrimination.
- American Constitution Society Blog: Recent posts from this blog include “Due Process for Immigrants” and “Human Rights First Report on Terrorism and the Court System.”
- Free Constitution: Read about all kinds of civil liberties issues, freedom breaches and legislations here.
- SCOTUS Blog: Get the latest updates on Supreme Court cases and rulings from this blog.
- U.S. Supreme Court Blog: In this unofficial blog, posts discuss civil liberties rulings affecting children, jury selection and more.
- Supreme Court and U.S. Politics: Get summaries of opinions passed by Supreme Court Justices here.
- Progressive Liberty Blog: This blog aims to educate readers about Constitutional issues, American freedoms and more.
- The Populist Party Blog: This is “where the people rule,” and bloggers post about civil liberties and the demand for basic rights and protection.
- Liberty’s Blog: This blog is written by a “Texas Yankee” who writes about American equality and liberty.