The economic landscape of the United States is facing a crisis of epic proportions. We are told that we are facing an economic depression if Congress does not sign a contract that will essentially admit liability for this crisis and that will form a new branch of government with no oversight.
Here are some video thoughts on this issue that will affect the economic underpinning of our liberties.
1. Congressman Ron Paul lectures Bernanke on the flaws of the bailout plan and the hazard of the attempt to fix prices versus letting them correct naturally in the free market at the Congressional Hearing today (9/24/08). Ron also questions Bernanke’s authority and constitutionality of using the printing press to generate all this extra money needed for the bailout.
2. “The Sky Is Falling $ 700 Billion Should Fix It” – Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur expresses concerns about the bailout plan and how it is being addressed in Congress. (MUST SEE)
3. How the Bailout Will Affect You
4. Bailout Cartoon – A Good Explanation
5. Senator Sam Brownback questioning the Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on the federal government’s proposed bank bailout at the Joint Economic Committee Hearing on 9-24
6. Democracy Now reports on Legality of Bailout Plan
7. The Trillion Dollar Bailout – Rachel Maddow Show – “Will the new government be a shell of its former self? How much has our country changed in the past week?” (MUST SEE)